tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

A Teeny Break! (stash report week 34)


That's what I needed  --- a teensy blog break.  
Well, actually, it was a teensy break from everything.  Thanks to a medication glitch that's about all I was up for last week - a break.  
Now, I'm back!


Untitled




Got my "surround" assignment done for the Star Surround QAL.

Believe me, they look much better with the centers -  ;-).

Untitled
Click over to Happy Quilting to see more pretty block components.









I'll show you the finished blocks tomorrow.  With all my UFOs, I'm only doing the two blocks to make into pillow tops.
















And, I believe that now I will not buy any more fabric for a-while.  See, my package from Ozark Fabric arrived last week.  There are 23 FQs there, i.e. 5.75 yards.

Untitled

Luckily, I just cut up 4 of these FQs and two other yards of stash to send out for the Scrappy Trip Along Flickr swap.  That's 3 yards out!, temporarily.


Scraps from friends

I also picked up about 1.5 yards in scraps from quilty friends Joyce, Cindy and Cheri.

We picked Cheri's scraps out of the trash can - we'll get her trained some day!






batik charm swap
Then, my 25 charms from the Batik Lovers flickr swap arrived - pretty!


I have five more Easy Street block to get together - woohoo!  I miscounted how many red squares I had cut.  I was about 20 off!  Now, I'm ready to get stitching on those again.  Can't wait to see how my colors will look when it's put together because I'm having a hard time visualizing it atm.




Used this week: 3 (out in swap)
Used YTD: 72.91
Added this week: 5.75
Gifted this week: 1.5
Added YTD: 93
Net used YTD: -20.09

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. I love the Star Surround quilt. So far I have resisted joining in but today I pulled some fat quarters so my make one anyway. It's such a pretty quilt. Your blocks will be beautiful with the black and teal "surround."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better. The Star Surround quiltalong has been intense for me but I love the way the blocks are coming along. (I'll be glad when I'm done though!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your surrounds look fantastic!! Great job on getting them done along with everything else!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are better - one likes to take a break, but not for medication. Your surround blocks intrigued me - I'm off to see what Melissa is up to. Love your stash enhancements!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.