tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

It's Been a Bonnie Week (stash report week 4)



"Bonnie" as in good and "Bonnie" as in Bonnie Hunter!

First, I picked up Easy Street from quilter Kathy Monday afternoon - how cool is that swirly panto? (I really must learn how to get better pics.)

 Please don't ask what pattern it is as Kathy doesn't use pantos, she just freehands it all!

Quilt show entires are due Tuesday.  I'm trying to decide if I want to enter it or not.





Then, after being out for MLK Day on Monday, the kiddos got another snow day on Tuesday - uggh.  However, rather than let 4 boys have the run of the basement, unsupervised, for an afternoon, I sat at the ol' featherweight and stitched up Clue #2 for Celtic Solstice.


Frankly, I didn't think it was ever going to end!  I mean, I stitched on it all day Saturday and then most of the afternoon on Tuesday to get 100 units.  Of course, each 3.5" unit has 6 pieces with seams that had to be pressed.

Sunday after posting my numbers, DH's jeans made onto the cutting board.  Uggh - there were three pairs to narrow in the legs and shorten.  It wasn't so bad, but it was 2.5 hours that I could've spent on something a little more fun!

That's it.  I haven't sewn a stitch since Tuesday. With a small consulting gig, snow days, and trying to get back to a regular workout that was derailed by the holidays, it's been tough to reclaim a schedule.  Then there's that pesky housework and cooking that must be done - uggh!

With the 30-40 degree change in our weather that came along Friday, I am feeling a tad under the weather.  Thank goodness for Afrin!  It's probably allergies, it's red cedar season, but the cold weather seems to keep all this allergy business at bay, so I'm kind of looking forward to the colder weather that's coming back to us sometime tonight! I need to get busy on Clue #3.

My numbers are unchanged from last week's report.  As soon as I feel like wrestling with trimming Easy Street, I will get it bound and get back in the black.

Used this week: 0
Used YTD: 0
Added this week: 0
Gifted this week: 0
Added YTD: 0.42
Net used YTD: -0.42

Please also check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. Jeans are so hard to resize. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Easy Street. I need to get mine quilted now. I'm also still working on Celtic Solstice...I have some of all the units done, but now I'm going back and finishing each step. Almost done with step one! The step with the chevrons had me a bit bleary-eyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of your Easy Street, very nice! Don't you just hate alterations? I know I do. Just this morning when we all went out for breakfast, the zipper on my coat broke. Crap! My mom said that with all the sewing I do, I should be able to fix that in no time. I replied that I just hate doing alterations and I'd probably take it to a seamstress to be repaired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, your CS is coming along nicely. Can't wait to see your Easy Street. I still don't have my backing pieced for mine, so it will not be going anywhere. I am still working on my Celtic Solstice too. Sorry to hear you were under the weather. Hope you are back to feeling normal now. Don't mind mending, but alternations are not my bag either.! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.