tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Better Late then Never (stash report week 26)

Wow! It's been 5 weeks since I posted! A break from every routine seems to be what I've needed this spring and summer.  For many of those weeks, I just didn't have anything much to say or show.

Our son has been at my parents' house this week and since summer is heating up, I took the opportunity to work on some projects.  Maybe I should do this chronologically, starting with a finish.

After piecing two throw pillows to match Easy Street on our bed, I finally got around to quilting and finishing them.  They are 20" so I figure each one used about 3/4 yd and that gives me a grand total of 1.5 yards to put in the "used" column.

Then, 5 quilty friends and I went to Branson at the beginning of June.  We stayed 2 nights and shopped along the way first at a winery (LOL!) and then at 3 shops in Springfield, MO: Merrily We Quilt Along, The Quilt Sampler, and the Fabric Outlet (which really is an outlet, not a quilt shop).  A few of us took a break on Saturday and visited a shop west of Branson called The Quilted Cow.

All of the shops had nice sales with bolts from $3.99-$5.99/yd. The Fabric Outlet had all cottons at $3.99/yd but you had to feel and look at what you picked up.

I came home with a whopping 5.75 yards of fabric.  Others came with lots more!!



from designsbycozyquarters.com




At our monthly gatherings I've been working on "In All Its Glory."  I cut everything for the next step beforehand so I can sit and stitch.  I managed to get all the block components ready and this week I put them together.  There are 9 of these star blocks with center logs finishing at 0.5".  Yes, I was cutting 1" logs for this step!











from modabakeshop.com, for my version visit Flickr

Once those were finished I decided to turn my attention to some larger projects since I had the house to myself with DS at his grandparents and DH at work.  I pulled out my red and white Moda Bake shop "Charming Stars" blocks, cut the sashing strips and cornerstones and got the center of the top in one piece.

I pulled some red and white that has been sitting in my stash for a few years for the final border and binding.  Borders will come later.

Then, I decided to put the Celtic Solstice blocks together.  With so many little pieces in these blocks, I'm pressing the seams open to help eliminate some bulk and putting them all together a bit easier.  This one isn't in one piece yet but it's on the design wall to keep me motivated. I just love the optical illusion of circles!

Hope y'all are having a wonderful summer!

P.S. I am sorry for the lack of photos.  Flickr has been undergoing changes this year and I have no idea how to link to my photos there anymore.  I am not a techie person and this is taking up lots of time.  If I cannot find a quick solution. I may not be blogging much and when I do, there most likely will not be any photos, which makes for very dull blogging.  Please follow me on Flickr "farmgirltransplant."

Used this "week": 1.5
Used YTD: 5.27
Added this "week": 5.75
Gifted this week: 0
Added YTD: 38.17
Net used YTD: -32.90


Have a great week!!  Please also check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

  1. You have really been busy...great progress! I am also not a techie and have had a problem posting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun shopping trip! Flickr has been maddening, but I think it's calmed down now. When you log on, there is a black band at the top of the screen, and "upload" is right in the center of that. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed by your restraint not to bring home more fabrics from all those quilt shops you visited. I think you have done well with your sewing projects and have some great pictures in this post. I too have been lax in posting things this summer. Must be the weather.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.