tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Odds & Ends

Happy Hump Day!

I have a few things to share today.  First, I finally threw out this receipt from last week when I went stock up shopping at Target with a fistful of coupons.  And, I got a $5 gift card for buying specific products that, happily, were on my list, too.  Gotta love that "You Saved" line!


Then, one evening last week I put together my first hexie.  They are all over blogland and I decided I needed to see what it was all about.  It was fun!  A nice little hand project.  I'm saving the 2nd one for another day when I want to sew and put my feet up in the recliner.


For the past two years I've picked up a free sample at the Paper Pieces booth at the AQS show in Paducah.  Thinking about our trip to the show coming up next month, I pulled out my goodies from last year.  There were these little hexies - I couldn't let them sit unattended for another year. I just might make a purchase this year - either some hexies or a mini kit - we'll see.  Hopefully, Paper Pieces will have a booth this year.


Lastly, I purchased another book.  After previewing Ann Fahl's book, I decided that I liked free motion embroidery and that I needed to add it to my library.  Found it used on Amazon for $3.95.  With shipping, I paid less than $8.00 - that's a good price.

How have you been using the goodies in your sewing space?  How have you been saving $$ with gas prices going up?

Have a great week - see you Sunday for the Stash Report.

3 comments:

  1. Your very first hexie looks wonderful! I like making them when I'm 'watching' TV. Great buy on the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm consolidating my errands for sure so that I won't use any more gas than I have to! Tonight I put together 3 burp pads for a grandmother-to-be - a great gift for not too many $. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started my hexi project about 3 years ago. Its something I take out when I just want to do some hand stitching. Eventually it will be a queen size quilt! good luck with your hexi project!!

    Quiltingly Yours
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.