tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stash Report Week 33

Howdy!

Did you know that size matters in the bird world?  It does - these blue jays, who are not regular visitors to our wooded back yard, caused quite a ruckus yesterday morning at the bird bath.  The robins were quite put out at being relegated to second place in line!

What a week - DH attended an out of town conference most of the week and DS started kindergarten - of changes! 

Plus, our lovely below-average temperatures continued.  One afternoon I had to turn the a/c on due to the humidity, not the heat.  However, that was short-lived when another cold front moved through.  We're still very dry, two hours of moving the sprinkler around the yard, but at least we can enjoy being outdoors.

I got in some sewing - woohoo!!  These T-blocks, or the pieces for the blocks, have been sitting on my sewing table since about February.  I knew there were a few pieces that still needed to be cut but I had forgotten which fabrics.  Sew, I decided to sit and work through them to determine what was left to be done.


Chain piecing two blocks at a time on the featherweight went so quickly!  And, it wasn't terribly boring doing the same block over and over again.  

Another exciting part of my week - my iron arrived!  Linda at Stray Stitches recommended the Continental Dry Iron and I added it to my Amazon.com wish list.  Well, at $29.99, I thought I'd wait and shop around a bit.  Quilty friend Cheri "has a guy" that ferrets out vintage dry irons and she's got him on the job for me.  



Sunday afternoon I happened to check my wish list and the price was 49% off! That made the iron about $14.99 with free shipping b/c, of course, I easily added the $10 necessary to get to the qualifying $25 purchase total.  

I am so glad I did.  I've only used it on about 8 blocks and I like the point. It's nice and a bit heavy so it won't tumble over at the slightest nudge. The poor ol' Black & Decker still works but it just won't stay on.  In pressing a single block it might shut off as many as 3 times!

Hoping for some finishes this week - I think I've said that before.

To the Numbers:

Used this week: 0

Used year to date: 20.775

Added this week (purchased/won): 0

Added this week (inherited/gifted): 0

Added year to date (purchased/won): 29.381

Added year to date (inherited/gifted): 65.75

Added year to date total: 95.131

Net used for 2012: -74.356

Please click over to Patchwork Times and see other stash reports. 

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. The T-blocks are going to be really dramatic when you get them into a quilt. Nothing in is still a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.