tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Calling them "out"! - Stash Report Week 6

That's right!  Two queens size tops and their corresponding backs are ready to go to the quilter - WooHoo!

Luckily, DH held these off the side of the deck for me yesterday, before the rain and thunderstorms moved in.  First, here's the oldest project from 2007 - the Jacob's Ladder quilt.

Jacob's Ladder top done.jpg

The back is from my grandma's stash.  It's only 36" wide.  Any guess as to how old it is?

Jacob's ladder back

And, here is the Marti Michell designed BOM from 2009 using Cider Mill Road fabrics.  I wondered if this one would ever get finished.  I've never put four borders on a quilt before and I must say that these long, sometimes 90", seams are very......B-O-R-I-N-G!  However, I can miter a corner in my sleep!!

Apple Cider BOM top done.jpg

This one has a very boring back - a 108" mottled brown.  And, after washing, it is disappointingly stiff!  Our LQS owner got this for the BOM, but despite being stiff, it's in one piece and there are no more long seams in this one.

Each backing used 7.5-8 yards of fabric according to my Robert Kauffman quilting app.  So, that means each top used about the same.  That must be close to what I used all last year!


Used this week: 31
Used YTD: 31
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 19
Net added YTD: 12

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Have a great week!



5 comments:

  1. Great finishes! Long borders can get tiresome. Your numbers are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your finishes! I would guess that the 36" wide "patchwork" print would be from the late 60's/early 70's. I remember prints like that being popular when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finishes! And I like that backing! Very retro!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the patchwork could be 40's. The "patches" are more like feedback prints and the 60's and 70's versions were often small floral calico prints. Completely unscientific, of course! Good job on the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.