tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Nothing Accomplished... (stash report week 23)


Yep - once DS got home, the sewing decreased significantly!  It took two days to get back in the groove of having him back.  Then, I spent 2 hours each day waiting wile he took two of his summer fun classes.

I read, and went to the library (checked about 5 quilting books and found 3 more patterns for ol' "to do" list), and got last week's blog post published, and did a teensy bit of stitching.  We've had fantastic weather this week, unusually cool and non-humid, so I enjoyed sitting outside and relaxing.  We also found the Orange Leaf frozen yogurt franchise - yummy!


4th of July layout.jpg

Friday evening, while DS rode his bike (finally!), I laid out the 80 Fourth of July blocks that I finished last weekend.  Then, after dinner, I actually had the time to sew them into pairs, webbing those pairs into 4 patches. No sewing quilt tops in rows for this gal, it's short seams for me.

Wheww!  Always makes me feel better to get them together in some manner before they fall off the "wall." This is a super simple pattern and would make a slightly larger quilt if the size of each component was increased by 1/2".





My mom brought my featherweight back Sunday with DS.  I had given it to her to have her repairman to clean and to discover the cause of the thread breaking.

I've discussed my mom's "collection" before.  The man that did all of her repairs for years sold his sewing machine repair shop and retired.  So, now he comes to her house twice a year and cleans/repairs about 10-12 machines in one day.

It was a simple bobbin case alignment problem caused when I took the face plate off to vacuum out the lint.  Now I know!

I love this little machine. I'd rather piece on it than either of my Vikings.  It's the feed dogs, they are so close together on these straight stitch-only machines, the 1/4" seam is so straight. On my Vikings, with the needle moved over to the right, the fabric barely runs over the inner most feed dog.

That's it!  I am expecting a shipment from Ozark Fabric tomorrow but it's not all fabric.  There are some marking pens, a book, a glue pen, and a needle threader in addition to a few yards of fabric. --- I love mail!!

Used this week: 0
Used YTD: 61.58
Added this week: 0
Gifted this week: 0
Added YTD: 58.75
Net used YTD: 2.83

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Have a great week!





1 comment:

  1. Nothing Accomplished.... is my normal status. ;o)
    I like the quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.