tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Star Surround QAL update


We are to the "putting it together" stage in the QAL.  Since I'm doing two pillow tops with my blocks, I just added a small border to make my 16" blocks into 18" blocks.

Untitled

My current sofa pillows are 18", so why go buy new forms when I can switch out the covers, right?  These days this quilter is all about economizing! Now to practice some FMQ.

Untitled

Check out some more pretties at Happy Quilting.  It's so fun to see the same block in so many different fabrics, and sizes, too.

Namaste

6 comments:

  1. I really like yours with the dark background, instead of white Makes me want to rethink mine (since I haven't gotten past the HST stage!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the added border, so fun!! I really finishes the block!! Great job on finishing up both tops, can't wait to see how you quilt them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, the border is perfect for a nice neat edge on a cushion! Interested to see how you quilt them. Hope to get some of mine put together today too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely! The back ground color changed to dark is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dark background on the blocks really pops out those stars! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.