tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Little by little (stash report week 37)

Yup - little by little this week some of my quilting mojo returned, with effort.  DH came home from work early on Thursday and I descended the stairs to the sewing corner in hopes of not being disturbed after a few false starts, courtesy of the kids out of school early that day.  Then, I continued after dinner.

I decided that I just had to finish my pillow tops for the Star Surround QAL. We're supposed to link up tomorrow.  Sometimes a deadline is what I need.  Otherwise, who cares when/if these UFOs get done, right?


star surround QAL pillows

Sew, I squared, sandwiched, and FM quilted.  I try to do the "fancy" stuff but  find that I do lines better than anything else and they enhanced the stars.  I really don't like my meandering but I did it as a filler on the edges.

I put in the hidden zippers (sew easy with this tut) and put the pillows together using every last bit of that yard of brown background.  Today I will bind them (check out this tut from Jaybird) and they will be done.  Binding a pillow adds a bit of pizzazz.




This weekend our quilty friends had a retreat at Gateway Quilts and Stuff Retreat Center, run by designer Toby Lischko.  I opted to only spend the day yesterday and have two fabulous meals cooked by Toby.  She even bakes fresh bread for guests - yum!

Toby gave us each a FQ at our meals yesterday. And, I raided her scrap bin.  Luckily, Joyce wanted some I Spy fabrics so I had a mission other than stash enhancing while digging through the goodies.




While there I managed to finish my Easy Street blocks - WooHoo!  I've been looking forward to finishing this one.
Easy street block collage
It's the most tedious quilt I've ever done with all those pieces!  And, I've been anxious to see how my colors work out and to decide what, if anything, to do about borders.  This UFO may not stay in pieces long, it just may get bumped to the front of the line.

Used this week: 1.75
Used YTD: 75.035
Added this week: 0
Gifted this week: 0.75
Added YTD: 98.75
Net used YTD: -23.715

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.


Here's an article from the UK that confirms what we all know about the benefits of quilting.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great retreat center and congrats on getting you mojo back - the blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.