tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

new quilt pattern

While on vacation, I discovered that DH likes Civil War fabrics.  We stopped at Kindred Spirits in Denmark, WI.  It was the first shop I have been in dedicated solely to CW reproduciton fabrics.  I had no idea there was so much variety!

Well, DH called me over and pointed to a quilt on the wall (I hadn't even looked up at this point, I was looking at the bolts).  He said he liked it- just as it was. No surprise - it had log cabin-like blocks - I learned some time ago that he liked log cabins.  In my short quilting "career" I figured out that I have made over 100 log cabin blocks!

I explained that it would be costly, buying a kit, but he liked it so I said I'd make it.  Well, the staffer couldn't find the kits so a few days later I called and learned that all the kits presold b4 the fabric arrived.  I had written down the pattern name so we went home the route we had intended, not the way we came, and I ordered the pattern.

"In all its glory" is from Cozy Quarters and the sample we saw was the designers own sample.  Now I'm on the lookout for Civil War fabrics.

1 comment:

  1. You may be able to google search for the kit online and then save yourself the expense of collecting countless fat quarters for this project. I recently purchased a civil war kit from Judy Rothermel's store which saved me alot of time and research. Happy Quilting! L

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.