tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another parenting first

This afternoon we went to the emergency room. While playing and rough-housing with Ruby, my son fell and hit his head on the edge of the baseboard. He had a gash in the back of his head that clotted in the short time it took us to get to the hospital about 2 miles from our house. We were quite a sight in the ER, no one else came in with a laceration. After the shock wore off he was playing and talking and being 3.

Until the procedure began. I've never had to get stitches for a laceration, knew I didn't want to, and now - oh, hope we don't ever have to do this again - I almost cried along with him.

After a doctor approved nap he's fine. Kids certainly are resilient, maybe more so than their mamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.