tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Stash Report - Week 29


Wheweee!!

I noticed last summer - the heat really affects me in my middle years.  It makes me so cranky.  I get so tired of being so sticky, so wet, and so overheated - ugghh!!

The hot weather doesn't seem to bother the butterflies.
That translates to:

By the time I am done doing all those things I have to do - out the door walking the dog by 6:30AM, getting the boys out of the house, running errands with a preschooler in tow, and all that kitchen stuff (which I really dislike), cleaning, laundry - uggh!!  I've had it!!

I want to curl up with a book and sleep a million years!!

In other words - I just don't feel like sewing - anything - by hand, by machine.  I'm too pooped to sew a seam.  Sew, my UFOs are still UFOs - waiting for inspiration to hit.

Aahhh (deep exhale)!  Now, all that said, I actually have a project to sew this week.  One day this week we will be meeting my sister-in-law and her family who will be a couple hours away while her husband is on a business trip.  I have two doll quilts for my niece but nothing for my nephew.  Sew, I picked up some soccer fabric at Joann's to make him a pillowcase.

Thought I would get to that today, but we decided to be gluttons for punishment and do one last outdoor activity before the heat advisories kick in.  We went to the World Bird Sanctuary, which is in a heavily wooded area very near our home, the shade did not help - not today.  DS enjoyed seeing the birds fly in the show!  We did too. This raven closed the show and is named Lenore.



Last night was Sew Down at my LQS.  I was so tired!  The only thing I did was cut and piece my Civil War blocks for my monthly guild meeting. They are my first basket blocks.

Then I squared up a few of my 9 patch blocks, ate some chocolate chip cookies, sewed a few honey bun strips together, and ate some brownies before I threw in the towel and came home early.

This week's numbers:
Used this Week: 0
Used year to Date: 41.5
Added this Week:  1.25
Added Year to Date:  74.925
Net Used for 2011:   -33.425

Head over to Judy's blog for more stash busting reports. Have a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it's so hot for you right now. I sort of expected you to talk about a mister in the bird sanctuary. I've seen them around here and they are quite refreshing. The heat just takes all your energy away. Keeping hydrated will help. I like your baskets and look forward to seeing more of them in the Design Walls ahead. Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.