tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award



Linda at Stray Stitches and Irene at Hilachas passed the Versatile Blogger award to me.  Finally, I have some quiet time to sit down and thank them for the award!

There are rules to this award...
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself on the post.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all of the bloggers that you've picked for the award.



Hhhmmm...7 things, huh?  Well, here goes:
1. I love blues music.  Before DS came along I could talk my husband into taking a long weekend and attending a midwest blues festival.  We've travelled to Kalamazoo, MI, and Henderson, KY.
2.  Yoga keeps me centered.  Well, all kinds of workouts keep me centered, but it only takes a few yoga poses to put me back on course and help me get a good night's sleep.  I've had a gym membership for about 14 years and have attended classes at yoga studios off and on.
3.  Biggest pet peeve is improper grammar, especially placing prepositions at the end of sentences and using adjectives in place of adverbs.  TV personalities, esp in sports, do it ALL THE TIME! 
4.  I don't mind doing routine housework but I need a little help to get motivated, so, I listen to Ray Stevens' Greatest Hits.  You know, "The Streak," "It's Me Again Margaret."  A little laughter goes a long way. 
5.  Love taking my 4 yr old to the park and pointing out nature to him - like the grasshopper that stayed on our SUV a few days ago, despite driving to and from pre school twice and running errands.  While we live here in metro land, I try to instill in him an appreciation for nature that I got growing up in the country with a pond to swim and fish in, horses, cattle, and...
6.  a pet pig named Sally.  She really liked to have her ears scratched.  She was the runt of the litter but she grew to be a big ol' sow.  Eventually, she wanted to be with other pigs so she went to live with our neighbor's hogs.
7.  Part of living on the farm, I have milked a cow, helped churn homemade butter, and helped clean the pasteurizer after the milk came out. I never did like whole milk, however.    


Now, here are the bloggers to whom I am passing the award:

I hope you have time to click over and visit them. Thanks again to Stray Stitches and Hilachas!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A truly deserving award :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for passing this award to me! First award that I have ever received!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this, I've been out of town and am finally catching up on emails. Thank you so much for the award. I'm really looking forward to reading through your blog and all the others you mentions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mentioned. I really should spell check before submitting my comments.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.