tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Stash report week 3

It is the 3rd week of 2012 and I still have no fabric purchase to report!!!  

Usually I wait til the end of the post to say this, but I'm rather excited about it! 
(As DH jokingly says to me, "it's the little things.")  

However, this will be short-lived. In yesterday's organizing post I mentioned that I need some black polka dot fabric to cover 4 more beer boxes.  My mom asked, "Don't you have anything you can use out of all the estate sale fabric?" To which I replied, "But it's ugly.  I want my boxes to match." This conversation is typical of the ones we had while I was growing up!


Sew, today I will be at Joann's getting some Keepsake Calico black polka dot at 40% off.  As I recall, 1 yard did three small boxes and one large one.  Maybe I should get 2 yards at these prices.




I've been to Joann's once this week, in keeping with my organization theme.  I've decided that if I'm not buying fabric I should spruce up my little sewing corner with some useful organizational buys.


Here's the first one.  Quilty friend Karen has one of these stackable tray sets and it has a small foot print for something that can hold so much.  The latch on my old Kaboodle from the 1980's broke at a retreat - uh, hmm - that's been 2 years ago almost to the day.  I've been looking at tool boxes and tackle boxes and nothing really screamed "take me home, I'll carry your notions for you." 


There are smaller square stackables that might work well for my growing perle cotton/embroidery hobby.  I have bags that are great for current projects but it is so nice to have everything in one place, and visible.




The morning sun really highlights the quiltitng.
I have been doing a bit of quilting.  I had forgotten all about this DS9 table topper.  It is all stabilized with SID between the blocks and I had even drawn the pattern onto the blocks.  I truly do not remember why I stuck it on the closet shelf.  


I have no plans to put this in the guild quilt show, we'll see how it turns out - need to add some filler and do the sashing.  It really is my "warm up to FMQ" quilt, before I tackle the quilts that I really want to put in the show.  My stitches are awfully uneven to hang up and let people see up close.  










I have a finish!  Forgot all about this little wall hanging from the Sew Lux Fabrics QAL last spring.  It only finishes 16x21, used 24 charms, and it was quilted ages ago, just never got around to doing the binding.  I did something I haven't done in ages - used continuous binding, a single layer. It was much faster on this little guy and not nearly so bulky.












Here's a block I did last week.  It's from a BOM program that my LQS ran before I knew it existed.  At the summer clearance/garage sale a few years ago, there was a whole plastic tub of 1930s block kits for $.25 each.  I rummaged around and found about 10 blocks and then picked up 2 duplicates for a total of 12 blocks for $3.  


This is one of those projects that's always on my "to do" list and never gets done.  This year I just might get the blocks put together if I treat it like a BOM.  And this block has a duplicate - even easier!


To the numbers...


Used this week: 0.65
Used year to date: 1.15
Added this week: 0
Added year to date: 0
Net used for 2012: 1.15


Please click over to Patchwork Times and see other stash reports.


Have a great week!!



8 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great projects to work on. Your finished wall hanging is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your projects and it must be pinwheel week. I too finished a UFO and it's a small pinwheel quilt. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the finish, it's very pretty. I like all the jewel tones you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great week - and your quilting is great - love the pattern you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are so lovely! I really love your BOM! It's so springy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stash report is very good so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are very talented! Congrats on the stash report progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great projects! I had to laugh about the fact that if you're not buying fabric you're buying things for your quilt room! I sure wish we had a JoAnn's close but if I did I would probably go every day and use a coupon! Congrats on your beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.