tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fell off the wagon...again (stash report week 45)

The computer gets me into more trouble! I've been staying out of the quilt/fabric stores and only buying supplies. I mean, I have only one in store purchase in a quilt shop for 2012. But, a great birthday gift from Leona's Birthday Club and a sale at the Fat Quarter Shop brought 6 more lovely yards of fabric into my house.

FQS batiks
All batiks, of course, from the FQS batik week sale. Can't pass up Hoffman batiks at $5.50/yard. At least when I do buy I don't pay full price - not in 2012 anyway!

 Still no finishes. I did get DS's six extra large Dresden plate blocks together for a twin size top. It measures about 62x93 atm. Now to get the back pieced. 
Big Dresden top
We had a lovely sew day yesterday at Quilty friend Charla's house. In an attempt to finish up some old UFO's, I worked on a Marti Michell designed BOM from 2009. The blocks have been done for a few years now but the sashing and cornerstones are all pieced. The past few weeks,in the company of good friends, I've cut about 300 pieces with Marti's templates and have the sashing sections ready to put together. Now to the cornerstones.

Karen and I worked on getting 2.5" squares together for our guild's Bingo game in December. We needed 25 different fabrics for each square.

Bingo card #1
Used this week: 0

Used year to date: 28.525

Added this week (purchased/won): 6.0

Added this week (inherited/gifted): 0

Added year to date (purchased/won): 61.381

Added year to date (inherited/gifted): 68

Added year to date total: 129.381

Net used for 2012: -100.856

Please click over to Patchwork Times and see other stash reports. 


3 comments:

  1. It appears that you are really enjoying the whole quilting process - that is what hobby's are for - to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - you can't pass up great prices! The Dresden plate looks great and look forward to seeing you M Mitchell project too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always in the red. I don't mind at all. =) Those are terrific batik prices, and next time you want some, you won't have to go pay $12/yard! Love the skinny border around your plate blocks. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.