tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Quick catch-up


With DS home with me all summer, except for a few camps here and there, I have a feeling the sewing machine will be quite lonely til school starts in August.



This is a quick post to show you some things I'd forgotten about.  First, in April I bought myself a cute tote for my GO! Baby.  I don't really take it anywhere but the tote holds the Baby and about 3 dies and 3 mats.  This clears up a teensy bit of shelf space and makes it easier to grab the cutter and use it.

Then, I joined a "low volume" charm swap on Flickr.  I must say that I love fabric swaps.  Making blocks and bags and such for others stresses me out, but grabbing some FQs or cutting charms is just so easy and adds such variety to my stash so quickly.



Neutral swap collage
I have to laugh at the term "low volume."  It's what the ladies in my guild call "neutrals."

Seriously, neutrals are just the hardest fabrics for me to acquire a good selection.  I have no plan for these charms.  They will definitely go into a scrap quilt but whether it will be as 5" squares or as 2.5" squares or bricks, well, who knows.

The better part is that I did not have to go shopping.  Grabbed these two prints from the stash, both purchased because they were on sale, and started cutting.

Have you checked Hancock's of Paducah's web site lately?  They have lots of Moda marked down and several pages of fabric at $3.98-$6.98.

Happy shopping!!  Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.