I did hit the quilting. However, without someone else here doing the same, no major house cleaning happened. I am a great believer in "misery loves company" and without someone here to keep me on track, I had no motivation to get any deep cleaning done.
Three UFO's got completed this week, binding-binding-binding - WooHoo!
First, the T-block quilt for my step-dad, which is going home with him tomorrow with a note not to open until Father's Day.
And, then the very first quilt that is being used on our bed - Uncle Sam's Jacob's Ladder. Cheri quilted Baptist fans and I used the blue print for binding that I rejected as a border - knew I'd use it eventually, plus some was already cut. This is our summer quilt, 100% Cream Rose Mountain Mist batting (very flat and not too warm for summer).
Finally, here' the Apple Cider quilt, the Marti Michell BOM. I turned the back to the front as binding and I do not like it! However, my not liking it does NOT outweigh my wanting to rip it out and do it over again! The backing was a bit stretchy to me - not sure why - and it just didn't work as well for self binding as other backs that I've used. This is our fall quilt with wool batting, oh so light.
I used Marti Michell's method of quilting in sections (book = Machine Quilting in Sections) and currently need to finish covering the seams via hand stitching the strips over the seams. I left a few quilting lines unquilted to finish once it was all in one piece, so I have those left to do. Then, I plan to self bind it - yes, I really like this method when the backing cooperates, and I know this one will.
4th of July quilt. I'm in no hurry to get this one done but thought it would be an easy top to finish at a sew day. And, the piecing was easy while watching a couple of Mathew McConaughey movies this week (love that Texas drawl).
Since cutting is sometime the hardest part of starting a project, I finished cutting the fabric for the 1930s Darlene Zimmerman pattern using feedsacks. I had cut the charms but not the yardage. Now this one is ready to be chain pieced at a sew day.
After doing the Pineapple Blossom workshop with Bonnie Hunter, I loved it so much I decided to make it for my mother-in-law. I've an April Cornell Nature's Chorus jelly roll on my shelf for years. I bought to make a quilt for my MIL b/c it's so springy and floral, very cheerful, her colors. I needed to find the right pattern for it.
When I found this pretty little shirting (top) earlier this year, I knew I could use the jelly roll in the Pineapple Blossom pattern. So, yesterday, I cut it all out with about 6 strips from the jelly roll to spare. The original pattern uses 2" strips but Bonnie gives instructions for 2.5" strips as well to make 12" blocks. A jelly roll is just enough for 20 blocks.
So, my numbers only show binding, but I feel that I've accomplished a lot this week!
Used this week: 1.08
Used YTD: 61.58
Added this week: 0
Gifted this week: 0
Added YTD: 58.75
Net used YTD: 2.83
Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.