tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Morning person

It's hot here - I mean H-O-T!!! It was still 87 degrees when I went to bed at 10pm last night.

This hot weather always reminds me of growing upon a small farm in the midwest back when central air was a luxury. My 91 year old grandmother still doesn't have it, although she should. So, I remember mornings were when we got things done early b/c by 10AM it was too darned hot to do anything outside (it was also too hot to sleep too long!). Of course, by 3PM we were back outside under the shade tree b/c it was too darned hot in the house to do much of anything either. That is why my grandparents had a second stove in the basement by the walk out patio/garage, so Grandma could do her canning without completely melting in her shoes. I remember eating lots of watermelon and tomatoes and reading lots of books under the trees.

1 comment:

  1. I love this photo! So adorable! Yes, I know what you mean about the heat. It's 100+ and 98% humidity. Awful. Try to stay cool. I love to read your posts!!! Good to catch up this morning... XO

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.