tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Christmas BOM

My only block of the month this year has been through my sewing center (well, I did do a thangles project but that was a pick up and go, no meetings or socializing).  We sit around and sew and talk for a couple of hours and the projects aren't too complicated.  I mean, I love some of these BOM programs out there but I found myself spending about 3 hours on each block in the 12-month program that I was in last year through my LQS. No wonder with 52 pieces in a 12" block.  I have too many projects that I want to do to spend that much time on a single block. We won't even talk about the finishing kit.

The sewing center sells machines and accessories but no fabric, so we can use whatever we want to use.  It's a lot of fun to see what everyone selects.  The first half of the year we did a mystery quilt - more on that one when it's done, which, hopefully, will be soon.  The last half of the year we've been working on  "Be Merry."  It's a ton of fun to do - a little of this and a little of that: piecing and applique.

 (the above is not my finished project!)

The best part - it's all done with scraps. I like to play with fabrics and see what works best.  Guess that's why I don't buy many kits.

These are the first few blocks.  The church and snowman are pieced with no applique or embellishments added.


Here they are with the fusibles added but no stitching yet.  Author, Ann Fahl talked at our last guild meeting and provided some great ideas on embellishing with thread.


I will update the photos as the project progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Very Kool Project! I haven't tried alot of applique yet..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.