tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Apps



How many of you have an iPhone, iPod, Blackberry, or Droid? 

Did you know that Joann's has a free app that allows you to access your coupons?  Cool!!  

How many times have you been at the store only to realize that you've left your coupons at home?  Well, no more (unless you're like me and don't carry your iPod everywhere you go - LOL).

Here's a review of the app that explains what it does.  I've not used my coupons this way.  Hopefully all the stores have been alerted to how to use these e-coupons.  There is no bar code, just numbers that the clerk will have to enter manually.

Then .....

While we're on the subject of apps, thanks to StitchinBytheLake for telling me about the free Kindle and eReader apps for the iPod.  

WOW!

No wonder poeple like their iPhones/iPods!  I know my husband is glued to his.  My son, too, he loves the games.  There are, surprisingly, lots of preschool games available via iTunes.  We now have the Netflix subscription for streaming video, which we can also watch on these little devices in addition to the computer and the TV that is hooked up to the Integrated Blue Ray Player.  

My husband laughs at me because I'm not a gadget girl.  With all of the classic books available free for the screen, I'd still prefer to read my words off a page than a screen, but for convenience it's hard to beat. 

And I'd rather sit outside on a beautiful day and listen to the birds sing than be watching more movies/crappy TV on a small screen.  But these devices have their place in our lives, I'm just trying to strike a balance.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.