tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stash Report - week 4

Welcome back to Stash Report.  This is week four.  So far, I have found that I like trying use my yards but it doesn't seem to deter me from buying.  The snow kept me from using the coupon at my LQS for black and white fabric.  However, the coupon is good til the end of the month!

A little more sewing took place in out house this week.  More of these storage boxes...


...means 3 yards out, 1 yard for each box. Trying to get my son's room and all thos toys organized.  I bought 1 yard from Joann's sale rack and used it on the outer side on two of these boxes. Lucky for me we don't count interfacing and decorbond in our count as each box uses an entire yard.  Upon my last trip to Joann's I came home with 4 yards of decorbond, at 50% off.

Also finished one more hostess box that takes two 10" squares. 

Do you know why one uses muslin as the lining of a box?  When one uses muslin as the pressing sheet and then leaves the interfacing facing up, rather than down, on the actual fabric intended to be the lining. Had to search for some fabric to match muslin - aye, aye, aye.  That fused piece of muslin had been sitting on my ironing board for about 5 days - LOL.

Also completed a bag from the Green Bag Lady's "make one, take one" giveaway.  This is the giveaway bag.
It's a very simple pattern, two 18" squares plus the handles.  It's a shopping bag - two coordinating FQs and you're done.  The Green Bag Lady has given away over 14,000 - yes, that's 3 zeroes for thousand - reusable cloth bags to reduce our use of plastic.

These little guys don't count in my numbers anywhere but since I'm showing everything I did this week, except my son's stuffed Zee bird doll from the Nick Jr. website that is sleeping with him atm, I thought I'd show my pincushions.  Some day I'll tell you the story about how someone who has been quilting for only about 3.5 years has made over 100 log cabin blocks.  These little guys were leftovers from a Thimbleberries table runner pattern.


Do any of you recall my "quilty" New Year's resolution not to start any new quilts until I've finished a project?  Well, I have not started any new quilt tops.  Nor have I done a stitch of quilting since before Christmas.  I have finished all the little projects that I have started.  Boy I am glad I left myself that out!!


Here are my numbers.  Head over the Judy's place at Patchwork Times to see how everyone else is doing.

Used this Week:  3.625 (3 5/8 yds)
Used year to Date: 4.75
Added this Week:  1
Added Year to Date:  10.5
Net Used for 2011:  -6.75

3 comments:

  1. Great fabric boxes and cool pincushions. Love your story about the musllin, sounds like something I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your giveaway bags looks great! Keep up the destashing and sewing. You could even make more bags. :) hint hint

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.