tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stash report - week 2

Last week I knew the "0"s would not last b/c I had 2 yards of my second Kaffe Fassett on order.  Before Christmas I had purchased my first 1/2 yd of Fassett (the brown).

Now, I had no intention of buying more than a yard of fabric when I walked into one of my LQS's Friday.  They had 200 bolts at 35% off  that I did not know about (1 yd minimum).  There were neutrals.  One of them was a 19th century reproduction that I "needed" for DH's Civil War log cabin quilt.  These repro neutrals are difficult to find around here as the three closest shops to me carry lots of brights.
This is what it might look like when I get it finished, but I have to start it first!
The one on the left is the repro - isn't the winter scene on the right cute?! Had to get a yard (min. cut).

Then I wanted some white and there were 4yds left on the bolt.  This LQS is the shop in our area with a fantastic selection of batiks, but I kept it to 1/2 yd (for another bag) since I had all those neutrals piled up on the table.  Anyway - I walked out with 7.5 yards!
Today is a cloudy day and the interior light doesn't show that this is RED - I mean, this fabric reminds me of candy canes!

I do plan to get sewing today.  Did a bit of cutting yesterday after the tree finally came down and the decorations are snuggly tucked away for another year.  Maybe next week I can eliminate a "0" in the used column.

Used this Week:  0
Used year to Date:  0
Added this Week:  9.5
Added Year to Date:  9.5
Net Used for 2011: -9.5

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just need that perfect piece - I undertand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that red - I couldn't have walked by it either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enhancement with the right fabric combinations has to be accomplished before the perfect quilt can be made. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will definitely need to visit me so we can go to Helen's Hen House. They have a lovely selection of Civil War fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.