tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Postponed plans (stash report week 40)


Hello again,

As you know, if you read my last 2 posts, I've been a bit under the weather.  Nothing major, a seasonal virus that really knocked me on my keester for a couple of days.  This always seems to happen when I have big plans.

This week I was going to put the garden "to bed" for the winter.  There are hollyhocks, hostas, columbine, and purple cone flowers growing where they should not be growing, such as pathways and in the middle of other plants.  And there is a large clump of variegated Japanese grass that needs to be dug up and thinned out. And there are always weeds to be pulled.

For most of this all I need is a small shovel and a watering can and maybe a bit of assistance from DS, the 4 yr old that needs to learn to help with chores around the house.  In about 10 years, I will not be mowing the grass while my teenager is sleeping or playing video games.  I saw 2 teenagers mowing grass this summer - only 2!  Really!!  There's that farm girl coming up - where I come from we had chores to do because there was more to do.  We didn't have all this idle time to sit and do nothing.  Hhmm, now I know why DH, a "city boy" from the 'burbs doesn't want to move to the country.  Ok - there's my first rave in some time - it has now passed.....I'm sure no one wants to hear it.


 I did get a few things accomplished this week.  I discovered a few weeks ago that stitching while lying down isn't too difficult.  Here are two more hexies for my own little garden.

There are two hexie beds in my garden: a 1" and a 3/4".  Usually the 3/4" is polk dot but this week they both are, due to some mishap in cutting while using the wrong template. Check out more pretty flowers at Pigtales and Quilts.

Yesterday you saw Block 7 from the embroidery QAL.

While lying down, I caught up on reading blogs.  There are several cute projects out there from the Moda County Fair blog hop.  Of course, I love all things about the county fair, even the smell of the barns.  And since we live in an area where there isn't even any 4-H clubs so kids could learn to cook and sew - oops, there it is again, that farm girl thing that no one here understands.  May have to call my mom today....

Anyway, since hand sewing in my bedroom was the order of business, this little project from Primitive Gatherings caught my eye.  A teeny thread catcher for hand sewing.  It has no interfacing to make it stiff.  It is simply a portable pouch to put your thread ends in while hand sewing.  It slips into your bag and goes with you.

NOTE:  The pattern is no longer available on the Primitive Gatherings blog link.  Contact me.




Monday was a good day.  My throat was dry and scratchy, nothing that a stick of gum couldn't help, but it was a beautiful day and I was determined to get out and enjoy.  So, after taking the dog and DS to the park, and then taking just DS to the library, and the grocery, and the playground at another park, we hit the LQS.  I had a coupon for 25% off batiks.

Only 3 cuts came home with me for a total of 2 yards.

Aren't those trees pretty?!









So the new numbers - with no finishes - I must remedy that soon!

Used this Week: 0.125
Used year to Date: 47.75
Added this Week: 2
Added Year to Date: 95.15
Net Used for 2011:   -47.4

Head over the Judy's at Patchwork Times for more stash numbers.
Have a great week!!!



6 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better really soon! No fun being under the weather.

    Your flowers are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are back to felling 100% soon, those viruses are absolutly no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get better soon. Love your flowers but love the thread catcher more.Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The portable thread catcher is a great idea. Mine start in a pile but usually end up on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the directions to the portable thread catcher. Maybe then mine would not end up on the floor, or table, or in the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.