tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Polka dot hexies

Here's some of my latest little flowers to share. I have about 42 now.  80 will make a good size quilt.

And here's what I've decided to do with the 3/4" polka dot hexies. It's from a book of scrap quilting patterns that I got off the "free" table at a guild meeting earlier this year.

So, when I needed a bit of a fabric/sewing fix a few weeks ago, I got out my 3.5 yards of white muslin and cut some 7.5" squares.  Then I put 6.5" squares of light interfacing on the back of several and came up with this.
It will involve some applique and embroidery.  There's a great spool of orange in the Pat Sloan Aurifil set that matches very well.  A hand project for the long term!


Here's the green I plan to use for the leaves.  A piece that has been in my stash for a couple years, a yard bought on sale from an online shop.  It seems to be quite bright but in small pieces I think it will work nicely.  The variation will add some appeal.

Do you have any new projects in the works?


2 comments:

  1. I love dots. One friend says almost everything I make has a dot somewhere in it....grin. Your green is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mix of EPP, applique and embroidery that you will be doing. It will be cute!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.