tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Stash report week 27

No fabric added this week!  WooHoo!!

As a matter of fact, I get to subtract 1.5 yards for the fabric that is packaged and ready to send to Dona, who won the 12 polka dot fat eights yesterday. She does quilts for Ronald McDonald House and other children's charities.


Here are 3 little finishes:
I used the organic fabric that I won from the Green Bag Lady to make 3 drawstring bags.  These will be traveling laundry/shoe bags.








Here's the pretty medallions on the organic fabric.  It's all ready to sandwich and then quilt into a cute topper for Grandpa's desk.







Before starting any new projects, I need some place to keep them and I refuse to buy more of the ArtBin stackable boxes.  If do that, then I may never finish some of these UFOs!

Blogger please let me show the photo upright!
There are two sets of Civil War blocks in my bins, 6"and 12", so I decided to start with the 6" blocks.  I've always wanted to do a project on point and a small one is an easy way to learn.  It was also easy to square up.  


I want to add a brown flange and another muslin border.  Hhhmmm....maybe I should just leave as it is and bind it in brown?  What do you think?




Last night we started piecing our Fading Charms quilts.  Well, except for quilty friend Cheri who brought her finished king size top to show us.  She said once she started she couldn't stop!  Of course, I forgot my camera! This project really is perfect for a group.  Even I can talk and chain piece squares!


On to the numbers....



Used this week: 3 (1.5 yd gifted)
Used year to date: 20.025

Added this week (purchased/won): 0
Added this week (inherited/gifted): 0

Added year to date (purchased/won): 26.681
Added year to date (inherited/gifted): 65


Added year to date total: 91.681
Net used for 2012: -71.656


Please click over to Patchwork Times and see other stash reports.

Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. Eeeep! How exciting to hear that your Fading Charms are coming along. Do, please, take pictures next time. Tell all the girls hello from me and that I would really like to see the quilts.

    I do have another quilt coming up, tentatively called Film at Five. Also charms. Scrappy. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for becoming one of my followers; I'm now following you, too. My husband grew up on a farm and transplanted to the city, too. I love that Fading Charms quilt, and even though I really shouldn't start another project I might have to do that one. Can't wait to see yours.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.