This first one is a disappearing 9 patch pattern from the Moda Bake Shop. It used two charm packs and some sashing. Since I got 4 yards of the brown fabric for $1.99/yd at a LQS, it made a great sashing and backing to use for self-binding. It is just the right size for the dining table that we brought from Grandma's house and it used about 5.5 yards.
The second project is from the Civil War BOM that my guild did last year. We're sharing our quilts at our meeting on Tuesday night. Each month I made a 12 inch version for the raffle and a 6 inch version of the blocks to keep so that I would have a manageable project to complete. Again, the backing also became my self binding - love that technique! The muslin background is from Grandma's stash. This one used about 2.25 yards.
You may remember that I won some of the 12 inch blocks. However, I need to make a few more to make a larger quilt so that one will probably remain on the UFO list til at least next year.
The leftovers from the backings are neatly placed in the scrap saver's system. Ready to move on to the next UFO...wonder which it will be!
My will power is still in place despite the pretty batiks that have been on sale. No new fabric came into the house this week.
Used this week: 7.75