tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Design Wall Monday

After getting all the Jacob's Ladder blocks together last week, finishing on Saturday, I decided to work on the next project that was so close to completion.

BOM progress.jpg

These pieced sashing strips and cornerstones became attached to the 12 blocks from the 2009 Marti Michell BOM.

apple cider BOM progress.jpg

My quilty friends will attest to all my rumblings about this pieced finishing kit.  Uggh - so much cutting of little pieces.  Now, with my new "just keep sewing, just keep sewing" attitude - well, it wasn't bad at all.  As usual, getting it started is the hardest part.  There is a pieced border that completes those cornerstones, but that's nothing now!

With DS playing at a friend's house after school, the first row is now one piece!!! WooHoo!  And I have time to blog about it!


I ordered some queen size wool batting from the Connecting Threads sale just for this one.

Check out more fun projects at Judy's Patchwork Times.

4 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you are using in this project! Going to be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of progress. It is hard to just get it done when you have all those little pieces to cut and then sew. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, those blocks and fabrics are stunning. Love, love, love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love this quilt. It will be worth all the time to cut those little pieces. I agree it is starting that is the hardest part. If only that wasn't true. lol I saw Connecting Thread has batting on sale. We have some quilts with wool batting. My husband likes it better. I can't tell the difference. I am tempted by Connecting Threads sale.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.