tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Some Organizing and Stash Report Week 4

iron bd in progress 1.jpg

The organizing comes in by getting two new sets of shelves.  They came from Lowes.  I am quite envious of people that live near an Ikea, there are some great looking crafts rooms out there using that company's products.  But, the closest one to us is over 200 miles away.

iron bd progress 2.jpg

The two shelving units are the base for my new ironing board.  Instead of plywood, which we looked at, it is a closet door that was in the clearance section for $5.  Love it!  Especially since the shelves were not on sale.

iron bd finished.jpg


All of the bins and tubs that you see on the shelves were some where on the floor in my sewing corner.  It feels so good to get the floor cleared off.  There were things piled under the old ironing board and in corners - uggh, stuff was everywhere.  Now the GO! Baby and its dies are side by side on shelves rather than across the room from one another.

My one quilty accomplishment for the week was getting the pieced border together and on the Apple Cider quilt.  It completed those square in a squares.  It's the first time I've worked with a strip in a border and required a bit of fussy cutting, although not as much as I should have on two triangles.

Apple cider border corner.jpg

I had to think of my quilty friend Shannon when I did these stripe corners.  She loved working with these stripes when we were doing the blocks.

Apple Cider triangle.jpg

No fabric arrived for me this week but a box is on its way.  And I am resisting buying any more fabric.

As an example, I cut and put together strips to be the first border on the Jacob's Ladder quilt.  Then I didn't like it and neither did DH, which is unusual because we know how it goes when we ask for opinions, "I don't know." I should take photos more often.  What was I thinking?

Jacob's Ladder border option collageCollage.jpg
Rejected border on left ---  new plan on right
I really wanted to try a red but I don't have a large enough cut. Did I go buy more fabric?  Nope, went through the drawers of stash upstairs in the spare bedroom and started over with a natural linen and another piece of solid blue which is a teensy bit off the shade used in the blocks.  Hopefully, the linen will provide enough of a break that the color difference won't be too noticeable.  I want it to look good but I'd also like to "make do" with the stash.

It's been a rainy, dreary day and I'd like to cuddle up with a good book.  What have you been up to this week?

Used this week: 0
Used YTD: 0
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 0
Net added YTD: 0

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Have a great week!




1 comment:

  1. I have similar shelves in my storage area and love them! I like your new border plan too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.