tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas!

We had a wonderfully white Christmas this year in the St. Louis metro area.  Just enough to make it fun to play in, make everything pretty, and not enough to really cause travel problems.



While in South Carolina with my in-laws, my MIL mentioned that I should look at a machine she had that had been belonged to her MIL.  I forgot about it but she called me upstairs and brought out from the closet this little black case.  And there it was - a really cute featherweight. I looked up the serial number and it was manufactured late 1935 to early 1936, when my father-in-law was just an infant.  Some things never change....

It was last serviced in 1985 and hasn't been used since before my husband's grandmother passed on just over 16 years ago.  The cord is shot and despite a good oiling and lubricating by my mother (who collects sewing machines) it still moves rather slowly.  Luckily, I know some good repairmen that she can visit soon.

2 comments:

  1. I've never even been near a featherweight, LOL, but I am told they are the BEST machine ever.

    PS...I lived in the Park Hills/Farmington/Bonne Terre area for awhile. Not sure why you are getting more snow than us...but you just keep it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful machine! My grandmother had a similar one that I always regret not having. She passed away when I was 19 and it was offered to me. I was a sewer but wanted my "modern" machine, not an old clunker!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.