tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Finishes for Nov-Dec

This photo was going to be last but I'm still learning blogger, sew....here's the back of the one of the quilts I completely finished this month.  I like to use backings that offer, uh, relief (?) from the top, i.e. something with a different feel than the top.
o
Here is the the completed Thangles buck-a-block.  It's a present for my 3 yr old niece.  I discovered that my FMQ skills are not up to the test without a template.  My attempts to FMQ each block were aborted in favor of the walking foot and highlighting the reds by quilting the blues.

I like my second method better - sometimes blocks don't need much, the piecing stands on its own.

2 comments:

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.