After 2 months of small projects I finally found the gumption, nerve, energy...whatever you call it, to really dig into my UFO's and finish one. To keep myself motivated to tackle those PhDs, I don't count yardage in the stash report on a project/quilt until it is completely finished/bound.
Here it is:
A Christmas quilt made with a Cranberry Wishes (Kansas Troubles) jelly roll that I won at my first retreat. The pattern is Split Decision by Teacher's Pet, which used practically all of the jelly roll (36 strips), a big plus in my book. Bought the border fabric and backing (on sale) online. This is my first quilt that is entirely finished with a single line of fabric, which is not something I necessarily strive for, but in this case my close LQSs don't routinely carry KT or similar lines on bolts that I could try to match.
Used: 36 jelly roll strips = 2.5 yds
1st border = 0.75 yds
2nd border and bindingm = 2.5 yds
backing = 4 yds Total used = 9.75 yds (WOW!)
I finished Cranberry Wishes on Friday morning which motivated me to get busy yesterday with this little quilt top I showed you before the holidays.
I ran out of steam at 4 PM yesterday. Sewing all day is hard work - being sedentary so long - OUCH! she says reaching for the yoga mat to stretch - must go to the gym today AND walk the dog.
The weather was a motivator, too. It was cold and icky and when it gets nice again I have spring cleaning in the yard to do and eventually a short-term consulting job that will take up all my free time. Thanks to DH for keeping our son occupied and letting me have the basement with Pandora tuned to the blues.
This week I received two bundles of fabric scraps in the mail. One was an envelope of little boy prints from Leona that my son commandeered and placed on his art shelf! The other was a box - a big box - of scraps from Tamera's giveaway. Now I need to add some of my stash, including a pattern and magazine, to it and send it on it's way, maybe at post #100.
Here's something new that I tried this week. Bohin pins - .4 mm, Murano glass heads, almost unbendable. I used them on my binding (using Judy's tutorial for machine binding) and they did not add any bulk and I only bent one - when I hit it right on with my needle!
|If I could read French, the description accompanying the picture would be wonderful, I'm sure.|
Binding Miter Tool from Animas Quilts.
On to the numbers...almost in the black - WOO HOO!
Used this Week: 9.75 (9 3/4)
Used year to Date: 18.125 (18 1/8)
Added this Week: 0
Added Year to Date: 21.5
Net Used for 2011: -3.375 (-3 3/8)
Head over to Patchwork Times to see more stash busting numbers.