tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Monday, December 3, 2012

Easy Street Update (clue 2)

This is the first time I've joined in on the Bonnie Hunter mystery fun.  I've watched the last two years.  This time of year is so crazy that it's hard to find time to really keep up.

And, I only thought I had a lot of fabric!  I mean, there are not 3-4 yards of 4 different colors hanging out in my stash.  Whew - that makes me feel better.

So, I've purchased a few black on white cuts as I seem to gravitate to white on blacks (not yet delivered).  I managed to find 2 yards of taupe for the constant and 2 yards of greens (Bonnie's purple).  With using some of Grandma's fabric, there is surely 3 yards of red in this house (Bonnies' apple green).  Teal, however, is not a color that I collect.  I like blue, not teal.  Grandma had a good chunk of teal and I have some leftovers from other projects.

Since I know this is destined to become my leader/ender project for 2013, I am no hurry to cut everything and have it lying around.  Actually, I'm out of project boxes!

easy st update 1.jpg

Also - the weather was crazy fabulous this weekend.  I walked the dog yesterday while dressed in a T-shirt and shorts!  That's nuts for the midwest in December!!

We got our tree up and lights out, too.  So, I'm fine with getting 3 little FGU's (learned at retreat that this is shorthand for "flying geese units") complete for clue #2.  There are about 24 four patches but only these two have been pressed for the photo.

Check out more Easy Street progress at Bonnie's link up party.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting choice of fabric. I LIKE..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those greens! It's good you joined in the fun this year. The more the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've started...and I'm with you about the geese - a few of mine have flown but most of them are still in the nest!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.