tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Street update clue #3

easy street clue 3.jpg

This weekend we had nothing planned.  And, since we don't have to host a big family get together (last year was our year), I declared Saturday a no-cooking day.  While DH and DS were playing some iPhone app game, I quietly slipped downstairs and sewed most of the day.

easy street 3+.jpg

Actually, it was kind of a cutting and sewing weekend.  I cut all the green squares and teal hst's for clue #3.  There are many white hst's but who knows how many b/c I need over 300 and I don't count pieces over 100!  When I run out, I'll cut some more.

teal scrap.jpg

The teal hst's came from an unfinished dress that was in my grandma's scrap bag.  There's a finished red dress from grandma's scrap bag that will go into Easy Street.  I'll show you when we get to that step in the mystery.

Check out more Easy Street-ers at Bonnie's linky party.


7 comments:

  1. I really like the turquoise plaid. The fact that it came from your grandmother's scrap bag - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your blocks earlier, and just now came back to look at it again. I loved the plaid and just saw it came from an unfinished dress. I LOVE it"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The teal plaid looks so good in that block! Very cool that it came from your grandmother's scrap bag. I'll be watching for the red one. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are so fun with that plaid. Love that you are using GM's scrap bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabric choices look so happy together. Adding your grandmother's unfinished dress to the mix makes it a significant memory quilt. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so pleased to see that someone else is using plaids! Your colors are beautiful together.
    Nancy from joy for grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your patches look fantastic. This quilt will hold some memories - great stuff. Clue 4 is nearly here – woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.