tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Stash Report Week 49

Good news...........no additions to the stash!

Physically, there were no additions.  However, I have ordered fabric.  There were some great deals including some fly fishing flannel for backing on the T-square quilt.  I'll share those cuts when they arrive.

On the UFO front, things are going well.  The last bit of cutting for the pieced sashing in the Marti Michel BOM is now done.

BOM cornerstones.jpg


These pieces are for 20 square-in-a-square cornerstones.  "Template" is almost a dirty word these days, but these are helpful.  I cut four layers at a time so it really didn't take long to get 80 of those small triangles.  For me, the cost is the issue.  If memory serves, each Perfect Patchwork Template set costs between $14 and $25.  While the system is great and Marti gives such good directions and tips with all her products, it's not exactly budget-friendly and is just more "stuff" to keep track of in my already very crowded sewing space.

Then, I cut 64 two inch green squares, a few more B&W triangles, and a few teal triangles for the third clue of Easy Street.

teal scrap.jpg

Here's what the teal looks like before I cut it.  It's from my grandma's scrap bags.  There's more teal coming, along with some black on whites.

easy street clue 3.jpg

I did get a few of clue 3's units completed.  Bonnie calls them shaded four patches.  Each unit measures 3.5" unfinished.

So, what's been keeping you busy this week?


To the numbers:
Used this week: 0

Used year to date: 28.525
Added this week (purchased/won): 0
Added this week (inherited/gifted): 0
Added year to date (purchased/won): 62.631
Added year to date (inherited/gifted): 68
Added year to date total: 130.631
Net used for 2012: -102.106

Please click over to Patchwork Times and see other stash reports.

Have a great week! 




6 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you picked for your Easy Street quilt. I love my spinning cutting mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your easy street. Never thought about using clothing. Don't know why since that is a Bomnie thing. That plaid teal looks great. I'll be coming back to see how your project comes along. If you need some teal fabric scraps drop me a note. Did you try ebay for the templates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is actually an unfinished dress. It is only attached at the neckline so it's pretty easy to cut up.

      Delete
  3. I count the fabric the week I order it -- otherwise it's too easy (or maybe tempting) to forget!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.