In addition to the two big ones, she has DS's batik Dresden plate. The top was pieced before the new year so it hasn't been counted in my "out" column yet. Just realized that - 11.5 yards!
With all those long seams the past two weekends, I wanted to something small. So, I started 2 projects! Here's the one that I finished - DS's tablet pouch (approx. 0.75 yards).
The Curious George fabric came from Tonya's shop Ozark Fabric & Other Stuff. Since DS is 6, I'm afraid it won't be long before he decides some of this novelty fabric is "baby-ish." So, I opted to use George for the lining and use some soccer ball fabric for the outside from the stash.
DS loves green. He wanted a green stripe. However, the green stripe wasn't planned! I always say that I shouldn't wield a rotary cutter after 9PM. Yep - I cute the soccer fabric 3 inches smaller than needed - argh! So, DS got his green after all. This is the first quilting I've done in months and months.
The other project is a quilted sewing machine cover using some charm squares. There's tons of patterns out there, here's the one I am using. I wanted one with closed ends - that will really keep the dust out. I'm thinking this will be a good Mother's Day gift for my mom, something functional, not decorative.
We had our sewing day yesterday and I finished my Fading Charms top - yeah! I love it! I only worked on it when we all got together, which was the point of working on the same pattern.
It was so nice to work on, and complete, this small project. I have tons of 2" squares left. I will count this one out when I get the backing ready and get it quilted and bound.
Maybe I will make my mom a sewing machine cover with Grandma's scraps - yeah, that's what I'll do, modify the pattern above for 2" squares. Boy! I'm glad I wrote this post this morning, hadn't thought of that until just now.
To the numbers:
Used this week: 12.25
Used YTD: 43.25
Added this week: 0
Added YTD: 19
Net used YTD: 24.25
Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.
Have a great week!