tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy February! - Stash Report Week 5

Good morning!  Here's what I woke up to...


Isn't it pretty?  It doesn't get to stick around and make everything cheerful and pretty.  It will be gone by noon CST.

Finally, the Jacob's Ladder top that I started in 2007 is done, all 83x96 of it.  I just put the last border strip on this morning. The side borders are much wider than the top and bottom borders. The quilt police may come get me, but I don't care.  It's now in the "D" for done column!

jacobs ladder borders done.jpg
Do y'all ever have one of those days when you knew that trying to sew was in vain?  I had one of those yesterday.  All the signs pointed to a great afternoon ahead - Pandora with some foot-tappin' music, DH home and DS playing with neighbors, border strips measured and plan set, one wide side border attached.  And then, despite the time to notice what was happening, I sewed the side border to the top!  So, I un-sewed a 7 foot seam.

But I kept going (doh-----should've stopped right there).  The side and bottom border went on fine.  Then it took three attempts to add a stripe section to the top border to make it long enough - uggh.  Then I stopped, got the hint!  Put the last seam on while the coffee brewed this morning.

Now to get the backings ready for this top and for DS's Dresden plate top.  Part of me would like to quilt DS's top myself, but, it will be faster to do it by checkbook.  I may have to do some figuring to see how that fits with the budget.

muffins.jpg
Found a blog with some great muffin recipes.

I made a batch of banana-chocolate chip and a batch of blueberry muffins - YUMMY!  I copied and saved all the recipes that she had for muffins because these were so good and so easy.






The stash numbers finally changed - and not for the positive. Fabric arrived from Tonya's Ozark Fabric & Other Stuff.  It was positive in that we all know how great it feels to open a box of goodies!  The 19 yards that I showed you in this post all goes in the "added" column, which is another reason I was so anxious to get a top done.

What's been happening in your neck of the woods this week?

Used this week: 0
Used YTD: 0
Added this week: 19
Added YTD: 0
Net added YTD: -19

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.