tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pineapple Blossom & Stash Report Week 10

This past Wednesday I went to Indiana to have lunch with my mom and then on to the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show in Bloomington. The reason I went to the show was to attend a workshop taught by Bonnie Hunter.  This is the first time I've gone to a workshop with a nationally known quilt teacher.  

Bonnie was as nice as she could be! Nothing was done wrong, no quilt police, and she taught us how to use every inch of our fabric. She did an impromptu trunk show for us as she had lots of her quilts with her for her engagements in Texas prior to coming to Indiana. I'd like to take another class with her and learn a new technique.

Pineapple Blossom first blocks.jpg



I tried using a new 1/4" foot on the featherweight but I didn't like it.  First it was almost solid and I could not see the needle very well.  The other reason was when I measured my sewn rectangle it was 6 3/8" long, not 6 1/2". Yes, the seam itself measured 1/4" but when pressed back it lost a teensy bit in the seam allowance.  








Pineapple blossom in progress.jpgIf you look at Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom (a free pattern btw), she used the bonus triangles cut from the blocks in the second border.  She had us cut a 3" square from an index card and then in half diagonally to use as a template to mark the stitching line for the bonus triangles.  So, the corner background squares all have two lines. 

Unfortunately, I was a bit under the weather with a cold that started on Tuesday and seems to be letting up a bit today.  The one plus in not feeling well was that it kept me from doing too much shopping.  Only a single 1/2 yard cut came home with me. There were only about 35 vendors to visit.  The show was small and juried.  So, our two hour lunch period allowed us to take it all in. 


To the numbers:
Used this week: 0
Used YTD: 44.00
Added this week: 0.5
Added YTD: 22.25
Net used YTD: 21.75

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. You went to a quilt show and only bought 1/2 yard - I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors of your blossom block. Sorry you were under the weather though. You mentioned the bonus triangle block -- I've kept all of mine from my quilt, but haven't used them yet. Impressed with your shopping willpower too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had only read your blog first....the show was much smaller than previous years and it isn't totally juried, but it really did look like that's all they had entered this year. Glad you enjoyed your class with Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had only read your blog first....the show was much smaller than previous years and it isn't totally juried, but it really did look like that's all they had entered this year. Glad you enjoyed your class with Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.