tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Spring or Snow?! (Stash Report Week 11)

Happy St. Patrick's Day

It is snowing here at the moment!  Crazy!  It was over 70 degrees Friday.  And so, March marches along.

Yesterday was a new BOM at the local quilt shop.  This shop has been around a couple of decades and the owner usually designs a sampler quilt.  This year the blocks are all pieced curves, pre cut on the GO Studio cutter.  So, I'm excited to get home and sit down at the machine and start piecing immediately.  It's the cutting that has kept me from trying any curved piecing.

Then, it was our monthly sew day.  It is so nice to sit in a room full of fun, quilty friends - food for the soul! And, I have 30 Pineapple Blossom blocks all finished - woo hoo!

Now, I need to get the last 5 blocks done (I miscounted my strips), get them together, get borders on it, make a pillowcase, and get the backing together.  I am supposed to turn it in at our guild meeting one week from Tuesday for the QOV deadline.  And, this week is spring break with rather yucky weather forecasted - hhmm, we'll see.

It was a slow week for me.  There's something in the air alright, and I've been down with it all week but, thankfully, it is on the run after a trip to the doctor midweek.

March Ozark haul
AHHH's (March)
Another shipment arrived from Tonya at Ozark Fabric.

She stuffed 7 yards and an envelope of AHHH's into a padded flat rate envelope.

She must go through lots of clear tape because that envelope was secure.

The button fabric will be used for the lining in my mom's sewing macine cover.

My positive stash numbers won't be here for long.  When I was a the LQS, I almost bought more and said to myself, "Why? At least wait til you've finished another project."

So, that's what I'm doing.  I need to get back to my mantra, "just keep sewing, just keep sewing."


To the numbers:
Used this week: 0
Used YTD: 44.00
Added this week: 7
Added YTD: 29.25
Net used YTD: 13.75

Check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.

Have a great week!




4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your new curvy BOM. Your fabric selection looks like a great variety. It is always fun to sit and dew with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, your added fabric count is the same as mine this week. I could have done much more damage if I'd had the time. At $6/yd even for batiks, it could have been much worse. It sounds to me like you've gotten a lot done since your retreat. If the QOV is the one you mentioned for me, the deadline has been extended a bit, so don't worry. Can't wait to see your pineapple blossom, I know it's beautiful. Curious as to which shop has the curved BOM. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good mantra - just keep sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful fabric you bought. I find myself looking at fabric stores online and my finger hovers over the "buy" button. Sometimes I restrain myself, sometimes not.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.