tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Star Surround QAL - HSTs

Yesterday I had the house to myself.  DH at work, DS at his grandparents.  You might think I got loads of sewing done.  Not exactly....

After I did the chores I got the featherweight out and started stitching hst's for the Star Surround QAL.  I love chain piecing!

Untitled
Every once in a while we quilters discuss our favorite specialty rulers.  This one is mine - the Quilt in a Day 6.5" Triangle Square Up Ruler.  Using the ruler, the hst's are squared up after sewing, before pressing, and you trim two sides at the same time - two cuts, not four.

Joann's has them, too.  I use it all the time!  Check out other QAL progress at Happy Quilting.


2 comments:

  1. cool ruler. I will have to remember that. Good job getting your HST's done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm working on mine today too. That's a different way of doing them. Do they still stay nice and square after pressing? I'm thinking now would be a good time to have one of those rotating cutting boards with all these HSTs to trim!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.