tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Friday Finish (whoop whoop)

The cold weather, and my cold, has really helped in the UFO department.  Here is an oldie.
Oopsie Daisy

I purchased the Moda kit at Market years ago.  In looking through my lists of projects, I started it in the fall of '12. Why do I do this?  Why do I not finish these things.  It wasn't difficult, a little different with the prairie points, but not hard at all.  Sew, now it is done!

Then I decided to use this little tutorial at Kirins Notebook to make a reversible notebook cover for a generic spiral bound notebook.  I just don't use composition books b/c I like to pull out pages from time to time.

It was fun digging through my bins to find some fabric.  Pink is not my color but I liked these floral and stripe fabrics I got years ago in a scrap bag at my LQS. And, I didn't have to cut those pretty roses.


Cutting was easy, added light weight interfacing to each piece, but it was the construction.  First the pockets to hold the covers were too long.  Then I could not line them up properly.  It was just a day that nothing was going right in the sewing corner.  You've had those, right?  Finally, I got them all done and the first cover still is a bit snug for the spiral bound notebook but it fits fine for the one composition book that I own.

Check out some more fun projects at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.