Been doing lots of this and have the Aleve and Afrin out once again. Ugghh.
Before it really hit me yesterday, I did at least accomplish a few tasks this week. My sewing corner is picked up a bit, cut binding for Easy Street and its hanging sleeve, and finished three small projects.
These little paper pieced sunflowers, a kit from The Designers Workshop, had been in my drawer since my very first trip to Paducah, which must have been 2010 or 2011. I pulled them out last year and worked on them a little at our sew days. I really do like these small projects.
Finally, tired of moving the "tops" around, I decided to finish them up. They are on my UFO list, even though they each measure only 6 inches square.
Here's "A Little 30s," a mini all bound, labeled, and ready for the quilt show next month. No hanging sleeve, it can be pinned. When it comes home I'll stitch little rings on the back to hang from nails.
Not a lot of yardage but three projects checked of the ol' UFO list. Now, to get Easy Street finished up.
|a pileated woodpecker (wikipedia)|
I do enjoy sitting with a cuppa and watching them flit around and see who visits us. Until land was cleared for yet another subdivision, we had lots of woodpeckers and nuthatches, i.e. tree climbers, but not so many anymore. A pileated woodpecker once visited a suet feeder hanging on the front porch, but that when DS was just a baby. They are shy birds and I felt lucky to catch a glimpse.
To the numbers. Hey! in the black, barely - not much happening here if we go only by the numbers but I feel I've accomplished a lot this week.
Used this week: 0.75
Used YTD: 0.75
Added this week: 0
Gifted this week: 0
Added YTD: 0.42
Net used YTD: 0.35
Please also check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.