|from last spring|
Dare we say it? Spring has sprung? We've had a couple days in the low 60s and I found three hyacinths poking out of the ground.
|hydrangea from last year|
Rather than sew yesterday afternoon, I spent some zen moments trimming the viburnum, knock-out rose, and oakleaf hydrangea. The poor viburnum got caught in the last frost of last spring and lost a few large branches, the hydrangea was just a tad too large for it's spot, and the poor ol' rosebush needed a spring thinning. I almost escaped without a scratch - almost, 'til the very end!
I've been rather productive this week, but not enough to change the numbers very much. Easy Street is done - labeled and bound - WooHoo!! With the mud from our thaw, I've not been able to get a good picture.
I forgot to show you the one Celtic Solstice 54-40 block from last weekend. I couldn't wait once I had enough 4 patches complete. This block is so much fun! It takes on 3 dimensional qualities when you view it from a distance.
What makes me hum along this week is finalizing what to do with the twelve BOM blocks that I finished last week. I decided to use six 13.5" hourglass blocks to set the the top on point.
Good thing I bought a 15" ruler this week at Joann's.
While the yellow check on the sides isn't very dark, I'm trying to use what I have and may have enough of a gold/marigold to use as a narrow inner border to help bring out the yellows in the blocks, which aren't shown here, a bit more. Today I will lay them all out and try to get the colors distributed evenly.
While taking a little break I sat down with the TV table and tools and finished squaring these little HSTs from my friends scraps. Just a few more to press, at 1.5" the seams are pressed open, and they will be ready for their own little project, a pillow top perhaps.
Used this week: 0.67
Used YTD: 3.42
Added this week: 0
Gifted this week: 0
Added YTD: 9.42
Net used YTD: -5.5
Please also check out some more stash reports at Judy's Patchwork Times.