tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stash Report Week 38

Howdy!

As predicted, I did little sewing.  The fall weather is just too nice to spend it sitting in the house.  This quilter likes to be active.  Here's a link to what's been going on this week.

This pretty little Dresden plate got a bath.  It came from Grandma's. I think Grandpa's first mother-in-law made it, a Mrs. Alexander.  I will have to get her full name from the obituary index the next time I'm home. I could email the library, duh.

For some reason Grandma kept it draped over the back of a recliner in her living room for years.  Everyone that sat in that recliner left a little something behind and it had some really dirty spots. Of course, I didn't think to take photos until it was soaking. It looks tons better!!

I used one sample pack of Vintage Textile Soak.  It's a small quilt, cot size maybe, so it fit into my kitchen sink and stayed there overnight.  I didn't think the water would ever run clear when I rinsed it yesterday morning.

We have a qualified quilt appraiser in our guild.  I'm going to have her appraise this Dresden plate and this lovely Pickledish.  Look at that binding!

Grandpa's mother made this (my step grandfather, that is).  Her name was Mertie Zimmerman and all I know about her is that she was a young widow with two sons who always had a needle in her hand when she sat down. I know some of her grandchildren and need to ask them about her.

I still haven't purchased any fabric but plans are brewing.  I don't how much longer I can hold out!  However, I did get new stuff to play with this week.  Leona sent me an envelope of batik scraps - yummy!

A few pieces have been pulled for an applique class I will take next month.  There are some neutral scraps.  It is so hard to find neutral batiks - at least at my LQSs.  I haven't looked closely but my guess is there's a yard here.  So my numbers change a little.


Used this week: 0

Used year to date: 28.525

Added this week (purchased/won): 0

Added this week (inherited/gifted): 1

Added year to date (purchased/won): 33.131

Added year to date (inherited/gifted): 66.75

Added year to date total: 99.881

Net used for 2012: -71.356

Please click over to Patchwork Times and see other stash reports. 


2 comments:

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.