tractor

tractor
At Plum Loco Ranch, Door County, WI.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

A day to myself...

..no chores, no cooking.  Well, no chores after I did about an hour's worth this morning.  DH gave me a free afternoon!  


He picked DS up from preschool and took him to see "Puss in Boots" at the cheap theatre and then to ToysRUs to spend more of his Christmas money.  Then, we had pizza for dinner.


Sew, after picking up one of my machines that went in for a cleaning (and, boy!, does that bobbin case look clean now), and buying this cute mug on clearance at Joann's, I got to sew.  








Here's my two Civil War blocks for the January meeting, "Blockade."


I'm about done with HST's for a while!














And here's last month's Civil War block - all fixed!






















Here's "Aunt Caroline's Garden."  I squared up the blocks, cut the sashing and cornerstones, and put it all together today.  


I used the Baby to cut the 2.5" sashing strips and binding - what a time saver.














The best part is that it was so enjoyable with no interruptions, no schedule to keep, just sewing along at my own pace, which is kinda slow.  It was like my own little retreat - and I enjoyed it! 




This is project number 3 for the guild's show in March.  So, this may be my last piecing project for a few months. I've got to get quilting!




Namaste





2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to have some sewing time this afternoon! It sounds delightful!

    Love your Civil War blocks! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    Thanks for your comment on Tuesdays Tomes. Now that I'm taking a break from mostly vintage books, I'm looking forward to reading some of the books you all are reading and making quilts from.

    Love your rose redwork quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message. I love to hear from you.